Saturday, March 15, 2014

The secret movie - The law of attraction

This was a movie introduced by one of my friends. It talks about the law of attraction. Somehow the main concept is what you conceive in your mind, you will receive it. It's quite a powerful movie and the concepts are so real in our lives.


When I looked back at my life, I realised indeed that a lot of the goals I set in the past became a reality. When I was 16 years old in secondary 4, there was a motivation camp organised by my school. The instructor asked us what we want to become in the future. I said I wanted to become an engineer. Well, I didn't know why I said that during that time. However, it became a reality after 6 years and I've been working as an engineer for the past 3 years.

There are other examples too. 3-4 years ago I became to conceive the idea of having passive income. Around the same time, I was looking at ways to make extra money from the internet after seeing some people doing it and thought it may be possible. I tried a lot of ways but it didn't worked out. I actually gave up and didn't even think about it for quite some time. Then now it actually became a reality. I'm receiving passive income from stocks and earning money through blogging from affiliates and advertisers. The start of this blog was a complete coincidence. I have never thought that one day I would become a blogger. It was the same idea conceived 4 years ago which lead to what happened 4 years later. This is the power of our thoughts which the movie talks about. Same thing if you have negative thoughts, most likely you will end up worse off years later. It really happens.


If you have time to spare during the weekends to learn something that will change your life, watch the movie below:




Enjoyed my articles? 
You can Subscribe to SG Young Investment by Email 
or follow me on my Facebook page and get notified about new posts.

8 comments:

  1. In investing, we are attracted and distracted at the same time. Right?

    How to overcome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle CW,

      If we look hard enough, we'll find the answers. Just like many who have walked the road and found it possible over the years. If we're constantly distracted in investing, then we need to ponder whether are we doing it the right way?

      Delete
  2. Hi SGYI,

    Personally, I subscribe to this idea as well. It beats being fatalistic and rely on external forces to shape your future ;) Good sharing, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LP,

      I think a lot of things happen in our lives because we allow it to happen. Anyway, the same situation can happen to 2 different people and their reaction to it could be different, One can be positive about a negative situation and do something about it while another can be negative and sink deeper into depression. Thanks for your comments :)

      Delete
  3. Hi SGYI,
    you said that "Around the same time, I was looking at ways to make extra money from the internet after seeing some people doing it and thought it may be possible. I tried a lot of ways but it didn't worked out." and now you are earning money through blogging from affiliates and advertisers. do you mind educating me on how do you earn money through the internet? I am currently serving my NS now and would like to start earning some money through the internet before I go into Uni and already have plans with my partner but we aren't working adults yet. Can you educate me how do u earn through the internet and why it didn't work out back then for you. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yi yong,

      The main thing for earning money through internet is traffic to your site. You need to create value to attract people to visit your site. You can put in pay per click (ppp) ads like google adsense and nuffnang. However, without substantial traffic, the revenue will be minimal. With huge traffic to your site, advertisers will look you up to display their links/ads in your site. This is where the money will come.

      Delete
  4. Hi SGYI,

    I cant view the video u posted on ur blog, is there other link to it?
    Please kindly advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clarence,

      I've updated the video link. Hope you can watch it now. Have a great weekend :)

      Delete