Thursday, December 12, 2013

Changing the world

"When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits,I dreamed of changing the world.
As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights some what and decided to change only my country. But it, too, seemed immovable.
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.
And now, as lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize:
If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.
From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country,and who knows, I may have even changed the world."
- Anonymous

When young Nelson Mandela read this inspiring quote, he was awaken to something in his life. He thought to himself that he had found the keys to changing his country, South Africa and even the world. After returning to South Africa, he changed his views and his way of treating people. Starting from changing himself, he changed his family, his friends and after several years, he finally managed to change his country.

Really, to change the world, the starting point is not Earth, not a country, not a race and even not other people. To change the world, you have to start with yourself. Change yourself to make the world a better place.

The above was an inspiration story which I came across. Thought it was good to share it here. Nelson Mandela passed away on 5th December 2013. The world remembers the sacrifices that he has made. He has indeed left a legacy behind. RIP Mr Nelson Mandela.



Like my articles? 
You can Subscribe to SG Young Investment by Email 
or follow me on my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment